Book Title: Communication Disorders in Multicultural and International Populations, 4e (Communication Disorders In Multicultural Populations)
Author: Dolores E. Battle PhD
- Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders: Evidence-Based Intervention Strategies for Communication and Social Interactions (CLI)
- Language Disorders from Infancy through Adolescence: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Communicating, 4e
- Stuttering: An Integrated Approach to Its Nature and Treatment
- Counseling Persons With Communication Disorders and Their Families
- An Advanced Review of Speech-language Pathology: Preparation for the Praxis and Comprehensive Examination
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication: Supporting Children and Adults with Complex Communication Needs, Fourth Edition
- Articulation and Phonological Disorders: Speech Sound Disorders in Children (8th Edition)
- Assessment in Speech-Language Pathology: A Resource Manual (includes Premium Web Site 2-Semester Printed Access Card)
- Motor Speech Disorders: Substrates, Differential Diagnosis, and Management, 3e
- Introduction to Neurogenic Communication Disorders, 8e
Written by some of the top researchers and clinicians in the field, Communication Disorders in Multicultural Populations, 4th Edition offers an in-depth look at the major cultural groups in the U.S. and the issues concerning their communication development, common disorders, and treatment options. This fourth edition features a wealth of updates and new features ― including the latest research and added coverage of communication issues in countries such as Australia, China, Canada, and Brazil ― to give speech-language pathology students and speech-language pathologists a balanced and global perspective on the most topical multicultural communication issues of today.
- Comprehensive coverage focuses on a wide variety of cultural and age populations.
- Cutting-edge research and data offer up-to-date discussions based on the latest studies in multiculturalism as it relates to the SLP and AuD professions.
- Diverse panel of expert authors include some of the top researchers and clinicians in the field.
- Additional resources provide a focused listing of print and electronic sources at the end of each chapter to support more in-depth study of a particular subject.
- Chapter on international perspectives tackles issues in countries such as Australia, Canada, China, and Brazil to give you a more global understanding of communication disorders.
- The latest statistics from the 2010 U.S. Census report offers the most current data available.
- Increased content on older adults covers the multicultural issues, voice disorders, and neurogenic disorders particular to this important demographic.
- Case studies give you practice solving realistic clinical problems.
- Chapter overview and conclusion outline the key information in each chapter and serve as a checklist for content mastery.